The Wilson Chamber of Commerce invites you to become a member. As we look back over the last 12 months, 2016 marked a very exciting year for the Wilson Chamber.
The Chamber strives to inspire networking between businesses and community members, encourage community pride and host community events to supplement the success of its members. In 2016 the Chamber hosted/sponsored events included but not limited to:
- Casino Night
- Al’s Testicle Festival
- Halloween Festival
- Christmas Festival
- Tri-City & City Wide Garage Sales
- Ribbon Cuttings
- Miss Kansas Czech Queen Pageant and Participant Scholarships
Other accomplishments the chamber made this past year include the launching of its new website, which includes a direct link to our members and other community events! And without a doubt our most notable accomplishment came in July when, with the help and guidance of Maico Industries, the World’s Largest Czech Egg was placed under its one-of-a-kind Gazebo in the Ed & LaVange Shiroky Park; promoting tourism and revenue for the community and surrounding area.
As a Chamber member, we encourage our members to take advantage of their membership benefits including but not limited to:
- listed on various Chamber activity fliers (as room permits)
- having your event promoted on our Facebook page as well our website and email blasts
- included as a participating vendor on Chamber bucks (gift certificates)
- free advertising space on our member page of our seasonal newsletter – this newsletter gets sent to a mass mailing of approximately 200 recipients along with our Chamber email group
- listed on our website with a direct link to your business’s web presence
We have already begun to plan another successful year. We are continuing our fundraising efforts so we may complete the landscaping for the Ed and LaVange Shiroky Park as well as designing and placing an information kiosk. Work is also underway to secure its recognition in the Guinness Book of World Records. If you have not yet become an ‘Egg Donor’ please consider being a part of this great community and area asset. We have also begun working on business promoting commercials (watch for the details to follow)!
The Wilson Chamber of Commerce wants to be a supporter and advocate for your business or organization and we thank you for your confidence and roles in our great communities! We welcome you to attend our monthly meetings, which are held the first Wednesday of each month. We look forward to partnering with you and as always if you have any questions, comments or business promoting ideas, please don’t hesitate to contact one of the board members.